Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ten On Tuesday

This is my very first TEN ON TUESDAY I copied from my friend, Bethany over at Hissyfits Photography blog! I enjoy reading hers so, I hope you enjoy mine as well :)

1. I'm so excited to have discovered a new love.....sewing! Yes! I purchased my very first sewing machine last November on Black Friday. I went to my friend's house last night and worked on little sister's party table runners. Love how they turned out! You'll see photos after her party :)

2. I love my friend Kathy. She is so great at cutting my hair, but that's not the only reason I love her. She is just a true, down to earth, trust worthy friend. One of those that are really hard to find. I got a haircut yesterday. It feels much better after 3 inches off.

3. I heart Hobby Lobby. I swear is probably my favorite store ever. I never leave that place without buying something. I've been looking for the perfect hanging rack for little sister's room. She has a princess room. I found this super cute one and she loves it!


4. My husband and I have been taking a marriage class the last 7 weeks. We have missed a few classes because of sickness, but we still get the materials that everyone went over. I like these 4 basic principles to guide us daily. These can apply to any type of relationship/friendship.
  • Be impeccable with your words.
  • Don't take anything personally.
  • Don't make assumptions.
  • Always do your best!

5. One of my New Years resolutions was to read more books. I have been reading this one. It's very good. I highly recommend it. It's a quick one too! Thank you Paula for giving me this one.

6. I will be working on a house project over the next 2 weeks. My kitchen has maple cabinets. I don't like them at all. I will be antiquing them dark brown. I will be sure to show a before/after photo when I'm all done. This is what the kitchen looked like when we bought the house:

7. My etsy party store is doing better than I ever expected. Thank you to all my customers for purchasing my creative party things! I truly love what I do. I smile every time I get to work on an order because I feel happy to be part of someone's celebration even if it's in a small way.

8. I'm extremely frustrated with facebook right now. I have been trying to create a "fan" page for my etsy store, but have ran into problems. If you know how to create one, please share with me. I gave up on it for now.

9. It's nothing new that I've been sick for a while...right? Well, I've been hearing about all these home remedies. I'm to the point that I will try/do anything to get healthy again. Someone told me is good to swallow garlic cloves. Did you know that? Guess what I did? Yup! I swallowed my first one yesterday. So far so good...nothing to complain about. I hope they work.

10. I'm so behind with laundry is not even funny! I better get to it before anybody has to wear their undies inside out....ha!



Have a wonderful Tuesday!!!!


3 comments:

Annie said...

Me encanta esa lista que hicistes. Es una lastima que aun sigas enferma espero que te mejores pronto.

Felicitaciones, con tu tienda Etsy me alegra mucho que este como decimos aca viento en popa (que vaya bien),jaja.

Cuidate mucho

PS: Yo estoy intentando tambien la pagina para "fans" de mi tienda etsy, si logro terminar algo te dejo saber para que lo hagas, ok.

Whitney said...

Do you have a cold... I've always taken Echinachea and it's helped. It's an herb! Hope you feel better soon! I can't wait to see your cabinets!

Melissa said...

FUN!!