Monday, January 25, 2010

Marriage Class & A Double Date

My husband and I are attending a marriage class on Saturday evenings at the church we used to go to for 7 years. We love that church, but we moved and we are attending another one close to home. This class has been very helpful. I wanted to share this list of things "NOT" to say to your spouse. The list came from HERE if you want to read the entire list. I read it and thought it was very interesting. We are both guilty of saying some of these to each other. I know none of you say these to your spouse...ha!

"I told you so"
"I can do whatever I like"
"You are just like your mother"
"If you don't like it, you can just leave"
"You are always in a bad mood"
"Cant' you do anything right?"
"You just don't think"
"It's your fault"
"What were you thinking?"
"If you really loved me, you'd do this"

After our class we went out on a date to a local Mexican restaurant. The have live music on Saturday nights. You know I love me some Mexican food and nothing better than some Latin tunes to go with it! Our friends, Lisa & Tommy joined us. It was a super fun night :)

Yeah... I wore my new dress from Francesca's :)


8 comments:

Jodee said...

What a fun night! We went out for Mexican food last Saturday night too. We love it!

The Boehme (pronounced Bay-me) family said...

That dress looks so cute on you! Good find :)

I read through your list of things not to say, and was like, "phew!" I'm pretty sure we've managed to avoid all those.

Glad you guys had a great time!!

Annie said...

I read your list and OMG, sometimes we said things like that. That's need to change.

So glad you had a great weekend.

Have a nice week.

Hugs

Melissa said...

Good for you guys! How great that you are able to get out and do something just for yourselves. :)

A said...

I love that dress, and the necklace. Sounds like a fun time!

Whitney said...

Great list! Mexican food is my fave! I got my headbands today! Love them! Thanks!

Heather said...

Oh heavens, how many times I wonder have I said any of those things to my hubs. Yikes!! What a fun night, you look so cute!

The Derouin Girls said...

How cool - Steve and I should take a marriage class...it's a good self check! Mexican food + music = fun times!