Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rose's 50th Surprise Party!

Last Saturday I attended my friend Rose's surprise b-day party! Let me tell you a little about my friend Rose. She is a TRUE inspiration. Rose and I met back in 2003 when I worked for the Walgreens Mail Order Pharmacy. We have remained friends since I quit that job back in 2005. Rose has been paralized since she was 21 years old. Her parents are deceased. She has one sister who lives close to her. Rose has a beautiful daughter who is now 13 years old. Why do I share all of this?....because I truly admire this woman. Not ONCE in the last 6 years of knowing her have I heard a complaint from her.....isn't that amazing?! Now, I need to be more like that!

She is so sweet, positive, a hard worker, a good mommy, a great friend, etc. Her spirit is gentle and humble. I love her! It was so wonderful to see at least 50 people at this party that truly care and love Rose. I know this meant so much to her.

Here's Rose & I

Rose with her sweet daughter, Monica....

Rose with one of our mutual friends, Estela...so nice to see you again girlfriend!

Rose blowing her candles...

It was also great to see "old" friends from when we all worked at Walgreens!

One last photo with some of Rose's friends....

I had a fun time visiting with everyone. I loved seeing Rose's face when she walked in the door....priceless!! I didn't get a good photo because there were too many people in front of me :(

Happy 50th birthday Rose! We love you very much!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the photo's Nance! Thanks for the posting them.

Luv Bridgitte