Wednesday, September 9, 2009

10 Honest Things About Myself

My friend Brenda tagged me to post 10 honest things about myself, so I thought I'd give it a try. She called it the Honest Scrap award, which is to be given by other bloggers who consider a blog's content or design to be brilliant. The awardee must then post ten honest things about themselves and pass the award on to other bloggers who fit the bill – in other words, whose blog is brilliant. Thanks Brenda! This was fun!

  1. I was born and raised in Mexico. I came to the United States when I was 18 years old. I am the oldest of 4 children. I have two younger sisters and my brother is the youngest. I can read, write, and speak English and Spanish. Although, you may find me saying “what is that mean?” more often than not. I’ve been married for 8 years to the man of my dreams. We have two gorgeous daughters. We are officially done having babies for those of you who have asked if we will have another one…nope! We don’t have the desire to have more kids or to try and have a “boy”. We are happy with our healthy beautiful girls. Thank you Lord for blessings us more than we could have ever imagined!





  1. I LOVE to shop, but more importantly I LOVE to shop bargains. You will find me clipping coupons like 2-3 times per week. I’m that lady that you hate to stand behind at the grocery store…haha! Yup! I will have a stack of at least 30 coupons when I do my grocery shopping. I’m signed up to many companies that will send me coupons, freebies, giveaways, etc. I read “saving money” blogs/websites DAILY.



  1. I enjoy shopping at consignment shops and even Goodwill. I know this may seem weird, but I have found the BEST things in there. I also love to shop at garage sales. Remember I am ALWAYS looking for bargains.




  1. I LOVE, let me say it again LOVE LOVE to throw parties. Seriously this is another addiction of mine. I read so many party blogs/websites is insane. I have party themes picked out at least 6 months before my girls’ birthdays. I am obsessed with all the little details. I truly enjoy the planning, doing, getting crafty, and all that involves parties.



  1. I’ve NEVER been camping neither have the desire to. I am NOT an outdoors girl. I must have a bed and all accommodations if we are going up North. Hiking, fishing, or hunting are not my thing either. These outdoor activities do not excite me whatsoever.


  1. I am a very social person. I have no problem making new friends. I am not shy for the most part. I enjoy having play-dates at my house. I love to entertain and cook for other people. I am currently part of a MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers) group. I also attend a women’s bible study weekly. My husband often calls me "social butterfly".





  1. I was involved in the Missions team at our church a few years ago. My husband and I led mission trips to Mexico from 2003-2005. We drove to Mexico every other month to bring food and clothing to the poor. We and other missionaries helped out with construction at a small orphanage also. I am anxious to get back into this ministry. I’d love for my girls to get involved too.

  1. I am addicted to crime shows. I don't like CSI. I like true stories. I love FBI Files, 48 Hours Investigates, Women Behind Bars, America's Most Wanted, and many others. I can watch them one after the other for hours and hours. I also like to follow high profile crimes like this one.



  1. I am a neat freak you could say. I can find something to clean all day long. I am obsessed with organization in every way, shape, or form. I MUST have a spot for everything. I like to label things so I know where they are. I do NOT like clutter. I am constantly throwing things away. Have I mentioned how much I HATE junk mail? It seems to come in faster than I can throw it out! I enjoy having garage sales at least twice a year just so I can clean out and get rid of the junk. This is a cute joke. It made me laugh...ha!



  1. I am in love with interior decorating, staging, model homes, home décor stores, etc. I find many decorating ideas on blogs I read. I’d love to go back to school for interior design or even home staging. I have recently become addicted to this blog called “320 Sycamore Welcome Home”. This girl is really talented, BUT the best part about it is that she does all her decorating the inexpensive way, which is how I love to do it! If you have time, check out her blog you’ll love it!



That's it! I finally did it Brenda. Sorry it took so long....better late than never! Now is time to pass the torch. I tag my friends Noelle, Bethany, and Melissa.

3 comments:

Ben and Bethany said...

thanks for the sweet comment on my shopping post - after reading these 10 things about you, it sounds like you and I are two of a kind! :)

get an eyefull of this... said...

Wow, that's totally cool and I learned some new things about you. very nice.

Bethany said...

I LOVE posts like this!! It is so fun to get to know random things about blog friends that you otherwise might not ever know!

Thanks for sharing your ten fun truths!!