Our weekend was pretty uneventul with the exception of a 30+ minutes tantrum at IKEA. Here's the story......
I've been looking for bedroom furniture for our guest bedroom. My friend Julie sold me a full size bed, but it didn't have a headboard. Saturday morning we got up early to go see a headboard I found on craigslist. I was disappointed it was scratched pretty bad. We drove over to IKEA to check out what they had. Did you know IKEA has a play area for kids? The kids have to be a specific height and fully potty trained. Big sister was checked in to play, but little sister is not tall enough yet :(
I've been looking for bedroom furniture for our guest bedroom. My friend Julie sold me a full size bed, but it didn't have a headboard. Saturday morning we got up early to go see a headboard I found on craigslist. I was disappointed it was scratched pretty bad. We drove over to IKEA to check out what they had. Did you know IKEA has a play area for kids? The kids have to be a specific height and fully potty trained. Big sister was checked in to play, but little sister is not tall enough yet :(
We started to walk around the store, but little H decided she was NOT walking. She wanted daddy to carry her around the big store. If you've been to IKEA you know it is NOT the place where you want to carry your child around. Nope! Not happening! So, TANTRUM started....oh yeah.... it went on for about 30-40 minutes...NO JOKE. It was so awful! Everyone was staring at us. Daddy was so calm and was doing a "Super Nanny" moment where he picked a corner and kept going back and forth trying to get little H to sit on time out. Oh man...I am standing to the side just shaking my head, embarrassed is an understatment, and wanting to run away when my good friend April comes around the corner and says "Hi!...long time no see"... That's right... I hadn't seen her in over a year! Of course she noticed the screaming child on the corner! MAN!..... what's up with this 2 1/2 yr old acting up like that in public?!!! I am ready to move on to the next phase/challenge...seriously.... tantrums are NOT fun!
I go pick up big sister from the play area while daddy took little H to the restroom. There was a lady doing face painting. Big sister was excited to get something painted on her arm. I wished I had my camera, but I did not. I took a photo when we got home because she was so proud of her "pink lizard"!
We did end up finding a headboard at Great Indoors. I LOVE this store. I also found this cool round tray/platter for $2.27! I think I'm going to paint it a different color and use it for my parties. I love to find these bargains!
We went to church on Sunday. We ate lunch at home. Little H took a nap, but big sister is no longer taking naps. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet? I think I liked it better when she gave me a little break. Oh well....it's part of growing.Daddy joined another fantasy football league so, we spent Sunday evening at his friend Rob's house. Him and his wife have two precious daughters. Our girls LOVE to play with them.
This week will be pretty crazy because I will start going to a new MOPS group on Tuesdays after I drop off big sister at school. I also joined a womens bible study on Thursdays. This will be my third Thursday. I am enjoying meeting new ladies that live close by.
I have been working on tons of fun things for big sister's zebra party in October! I will leave that for another post. It's late and I have to get up early tomorrow.
Hope you have a wonderful week!
1 comment:
I never read any posts about you going to L&L? Did you? I'm glad everyone's getting settled in. Miss Ya
Post a Comment