Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Recap

We had a fun weekend. Daddy took Hannah on her 1st date on Saturday. He will need to blog about that this week. Ashley and I got to spend time together while they were gone. We went to some garage sales. We went to get our nails done, did some shopping, and ate lunch at Red Lobster. We got home and took a nap. After naps we went to church. After church, the girls wanted some ice cream. We stopped at Thrifty. Ashley loves bubble gum ice cream...hmmm..not sure about that one!...it was a great day!

On Sunday, we went swimming again. After swimming the girls were ready for naps. I got some free time to go shopping by myself. It was a much needed break. Thank you to my sweet husband for letting me go out. I feel so refreshed after I get some "me" time :)










Today was somewhat of a hard day. We have been dealing with house stuff. If you have not heard, we recently bought another house. This house is a foreclosure. It's 2,680 sq ft, built in 1986. I love the home. It has a basement, 4 bedrooms, 3 bath, new floors, new kitchen cabinets, new paint, etc.. We were looking forward to our move next month. The house had an inspection last week. We got the report on Thursday night. We had it all weekend to review. It needed a lot of little repairs, but it also needed some major ones. We were very concerned about some foundation issues. We were going to hire a structural engineer to investigate the problem. However, it was going to cost us $500 out of pocket. This could not guarantee that the bank was going to take care of the problem. It was a risk. We decided to walk away from the house. It was a hard decision, but we truly feel at peace about it. Now, we wait to get our money back...who knows it may take a few weeks. But, we are back to square one. I am hoping that some of the other homes we have looked at, are still available. If that's the case, we will pursue them first. On a positive note, this is a buyer's market and there are tons of homes out there. I am excited to see what God has in store for us. I am not worried. I believe God has everything under control. For now, we just take one day at a time.

No comments: