I don't remember if I've shared how unpleasant it was to potty train Ashley. She was the hardest girl to potty train. She was not interested. I never pushed it until the month before she turned 3 years old. You can read about it here. It took a weekend to get her to pee, but a little over a month to get her to poop in the toilet. Oh I remember how awful it was. The accidents were a big pain! I threw away more panties than I can count with my hands. It was not a good "training" experience for us. So, I decided that things were going to be quite different with little Hannah. I had made it up in my mind that it would take a lot longer to potty train her. I was NOT going to bother any time soon since she just turned 2 years old last month.
To our surprise, Hannah has shown a lot of interest in the potty the last couple of months. We have completely ignored it. She asks constantly to go pee and tries to pull her diapers off. Last Monday, we were all home. Hannah told me "poopy" which I thought she had poop in her diaper. Steve picked her up to go change her diaper, but she was clean. He decided to take her to the bathroom, sat her on the toilet, and less than 10 minutes... she poops! I was SO shocked! You gotta be kidding me right??! NO WAY! That easy....what? why? how? when?...is this real? Oh I wanted to take a photo of the masterpiece, but I didn't.....haha! But, I did take photos of her showing her cute elmo underwear and another time she sat at the toilet. She wants nothing to do with the Dora potty seat her big sister used. She wants to use the big toilet like all of us! Way to go Hannah!! We are so proud of you baby girl!
4 comments:
Yeah, So excited for you to be completely done with changing diapers! Way to go Hannah:)
Good job! Now you can be a mentor to Selah. The Bible talks about how the "older woman" should mentor the "younger ones"...just kidding
I am so jealous! Alyse turned 2 in March, but I don't think she is ready yet. We try her little potty often, but no progress yet....
I would love some pics or a video of her with her legs spread peeing
Post a Comment