I went to the MOPS Convention last Thursday. I got home Sunday afternoon. My sister Sofia, my friends, Yaneth, Noelle and Colleen went also. For those of you who don't know what MOPS is, you can go to www.mops.org and check it out! It is a wonderful Christian organization for mothers of preschoolers. You may find a group close to your home.It was very refreshing being there. I learned a lot about how to be a better mom and a better wife. This was my second time attending and I can honestly say that I'd love to attend every year. It is worth every penny. MOPS has changed my outlook on life and motherhood.
One of my favorite classes was "Leaving Heartprints- What a mother chooses today impacts tomorrow" by Debbie Alsdorf. She was an amazing Godly woman. She spoke about Psalms 139. She told us that God knows us, He protects us, He made us and He values us. She says we should tell our children these things while growing up. Her words truly impacted me. I want to leave Godly heartprints in my girls' hearts.
My second favorite class was "Date night in a minivan" by Lorilee Craker. She was another amazing woman. This class was about learning how to open our hands and heart to the help we so desperately need, from the one person most qualified to give it- our husband! Wow!...talk about feeling like I had to make some changes in my home :) She gave us 3 things to work on:
1. Quit hogging and hovering. Give your man some space.
2. Watch your expectations, and watch how you ask for help. Compliment your husband.
3. Your husband has something valuable to offer your family, something YOU can't give them!
Other notes I took on that class: Praise your husband for playing with your children, let things go for the more valuable thing, don't over-mother children, express thanks, let him be their daddy, leave the house when getting impatient if he is doing something not your way, etc..etc...
Definition of grace: kindness, favor, leineancy, blessing
Opposite of grace: cruelty, rejection, severity
She said if we don't let our husbands help the way they know how to help, we are withholding the following: affirmation, approval, partnership, teamwork and affection.
I am so thankful for the MOPS ministry. Being a mom is a HARD job. I feel encouraged, loved, hopeful, patient, joyful, grateful, etc..etc.. after attending the convention. I invite all moms to be part of such an amazing organization.
Here are some photos we took over the weekend:








1 comment:
Convention was amazing! Thanks so much for bringing me into this group. I would go every year too, totally worth every penny-like you said.
Post a Comment