Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Celebrating Sophia's Birthday!

October is such a BUSY month for us! We have several birthday celebrations. The social events/gatherings start piling up. Is it the nice weather, halloween, or the holidays approaching? Who knows! We are enjoying all of it though :)

Last Thursday I was invited to my friend Yaneth's house to celebrate Sophia's birthday. Sophia and I became great friends almost 3 years ago...wow how time flies! She was my neighbor at our previous home. Sophia is from Greece and I love her culture. We have so much in common. I was happy to bake a homemade Kahlua cake. It turned out yummy!!!
Here are some photos of our small gathering. It was a great time!

The next day we met up for drinks and appetizers at Claim Jumpers. We got to do some shopping at the mall afterwards. It was fun being out with no kids!

Thank you girls for including me. I had a great time even though I wasn't feeling well last week. I hope to see you all soon!


2 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

Girlfriends are the best!
You look so pretty in your pictures!

Family is Everything said...

AAHH! Great photos of you girls. I wish I was not sick, I wanted to be there for Sophia on her bday:(