Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wedding Anniversary

It's hard to believe we are celebrating 8 years of marriage today. Steve is the most wonderful husband. He is not perfect by any means, but he is an excellent husband and father. His family is first priority. He has demonstrated that from day 1. I could not be happier. His faith and integrity are strong. I love his character, tenderness, compassion, love, patience, strength and kindness. He is the man of my dreams! Happy anniversary my love!

We don't have big plans today because he works late. We also don't want to spend any extra money since we just purchased a home in Gilbert. We might go out to a nice casual dinner tomorrow or Thursday. He gave me a new purse and some perfume last night. But,
the BEST gift I could have ever gotten is this wonderful letter. It made me cry, but it was a good cry. I felt so special and loved. Nobody has ever told me such sweet words. I was hesitant about sharing this on our blog, but I intend to make this our family digital scrapbook some day. I want to make sure it's saved on here forever in case I misplace it or loose it!


I have this really cool anniversary book that my sweet friend, and maid of honor, Cindy, gave me as a wedding gift. Each year you put a photo of the two of you. You also write down where you lived and the most memorable moments. I have been good about keeping up with it. Here are the photos in the book....it's so fun to see how much we have changed over the years!

Our Wedding was in Maui, Hawaii- May 5th, 2001

Our 1st Anniversary

Our 2nd Anniversary

Our 3rd Anniversary

Our 4th Anniversary

Our 5th Anniversary

Our 6th Anniversary

Our 7th Anniversary

Our 8th Anniversary photo will need to wait since we haven't taken it yet :)

3 comments:

get an eyefull of this... said...

I love the digital photobook. You can see directly how you have changed! What a great idea. I didn't read the letter. I don't know...should I? You posted it. Anyway, Happy Anniversary

get an eyefull of this... said...

OK, so I just read the letter. That is really sweet and kind.

Why were you doing a ride along? Is that what they call it now when you pick up a pretty girl to cart her off to jail (just kidding)! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Nancy! The letter just brought tears into my eyes!!! It's the sweetest letter!!! Happy Anniversary to you guys!!! You both are truly blessed to have a wonderful family!!!

xoxo,
Anne