Friday, May 8, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday

Happy Friday! It's time to show your living room and/or family room. This idea came from Kelly's Korner. I participated last week and it was so fun to see other homes. I got some great decorating ideas! I also want to continue with this since we are moving next month. I'd like to keep taking photos of this house before I start packing!

I remember when we were out shopping for a home, I did not want to have a formal living room. We had one at our first home, but we never used it.

This is our wonderful family room now. I really like it.

This great leather couch was purchased at Ashley Furniture, but the ottoman is my favorite piece. It's divided into 4 sections. We keep toys, books, photo albums, and movies in it. It hides everything so well. You can't tell I have two little munchkins that mess up this room pretty bad...haha! They know to put everything away each night. I love it!

I put these two shelves behind the couch. They are from Crate & Barrel. I have some family photos and a family plaque. It's just simple. I don't like things to be busy or cluttered.

I also have this glass table with antiqued photos of our girls. A small basket with some magazines underneath.

Here's my husband's purchase.....a big TV. It's his toy. He also has his surround sound all hooked up and I must admit it sounds awesome when we watch movies. The glass door next to it goes to our back yard. I never got around to hanging anything above the TV.

This great red cabinet is a purchase from craigslist. It's my scrapbook cabinet, although I don't have time to scrapbook anymore. I still keep all my crafty things in it. I love to hide all the junk. This is one of my favorite purchases!



















This last photo is from the patio door looking in
.


There you go.... now it's your turn. Please leave a comment so I can check out your living room/family room. Can't wait to see more decorating ideas. Have a great weekend!


9 comments:

Rachel said...

AMEN on hiding the stuff in your cabinet. I have a philosophy that if it doesn't have somewhere to go, I don't buy it. Nothing just sits out here.

Heather said...

I love your living room, it is so pretty and you have such great taste!! You have a gorgeous family!!

Michele said...

You have a beautiful home! I love couch! We wanted one like that so bad, but we have cats and it would have been in shreads after the first day. Beautiful colors!

Ashley said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting!!! What a small world, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised Phoenix is a large city!! I live in Surprise, we are hoping to move back into the city where my husband and I both grew up or even in Glendale where we both work!

Your living room is gorgeous! I hope our next house we can have a larger family room, I would sacrifice a dinning room for one grand room!

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

What a warm room & beautiful home! I love the couch! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and clean room! I love it!

Carri said...

I love your couch...and your cabinet-that's a really good idea!

Because of Love said...

I love your red desk! The picture shelf is also great. Very nice living room.

Anonymous said...

You are too funny...you know me, Ms. Lil' Clutter!!!! I'd like to hide my junk but I seem to be running out of room...which means, I need to declutter!!! Sometimes, I wish I had your energy but for the most part, I am just too darn lazy!!! :))) My fav is your living room...I love how you have the pics & family sign on top of your couch...and also love the red cabinet you purchased from Craigslist...it gives that "pow" factor cuz' it's red!!!

Congrats on getting a new home...not that we see you everyday but we'll definitely be missing you girls! I'm truly happy for you guys!!!

xoxo,
Anne