Sunday, May 3, 2009

Daddy-Daughter Date

A post from the BEST daddy in the world!!!.......Here's what he wrote:


On Saturday May 2nd, Ashley and I went on a date. It was a lot of fun. A day or two before, Ashley had come to me and said, “we need to go on a date.” Who can say, “no,” to a three year-old girl, especially my little princess?


The day got off to a slow start, but we managed to make the 1200 show time at the Tempe Discount Cinema. This was Ashley’s first trip to the movie theater. We saw the Tale of Despereaux. Ashley sat still for the most part, on my lap. She shared her small popcorn and I shared my Coke. The story involves a castle, a dungeon, and a bunch of rats that try to eat the princess. It had a few scary parts, but Ashley liked it. Half way in she said we should buy it. She referred to the movie as "Raton" movie. We already have Ratatouille at home, which she loves. She calls that "Raton" movie. Despereaux will have to be "Raton" movie 2.


After the movie, we walked to a pizza place located in the same strip mall (TC Luigi’s). We shared a personal pizza. It was set up like an old fashion ice cream shop, with a bar and stools that spin. Ashley kept leaning over from her stool and kissing me.


After pizza, I drove Ashley to a nail salon just down the street. I have to admit, the nails were Nancy’s idea. Ashley picked out a bright yellow nail polish for her fingers and toes. The nice Asian lady clipped and filed her nails a little bit. She also painted little flowers on each finger and her two big toes. When the lady got up for a minute Ashley told me, “she forgot to put flowers on my other toes.” Overall I thought Ashley sat still very well. She told me she was having fun. She liked it when I told her how pretty her nails were. They were very nice at the salon. The lady even re-did Ashley’s thumb after she brushed against something before it was dry. Next stop the police station. Ashley likes seeing all the patrol cars. She gets shy though when the officers in uniform come up and say, “hi.”


Finally, and I believe the highlight of our date, we stopped at Thrifty for ice cream. Ashley wanted blue ice cream, so she got bubble gum flavor. I didn’t like it, but it sure kept her happy. I love my girls! Hannah's turn next.







3 comments:

Family is Everything said...

Sounds like a great date! Love the nail polish color:) The nails look pretty.

get an eyefull of this... said...

That is really really sweet. How fun for them.

Anonymous said...

This is one of my fav to read!!! I love the idea of Daddy-Daughter Date! It's nice that Ashley will forever have this noted on her end...her 1st Date w/ her Daddy! It's the cutest thing ever!

xoxo,
Anne