It was a super special day for big sister A today! She started preschool. She will go on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-11:30am. She was so excited and got up early this morning. She could not wait. I was happy for her. I thought I'd cry when I dropped her off, but I did not. She was the one that had a meltdown when I started to walk away. It was very unexpected because she'd been wanting to go to school for a while. I calmed her down and she managed to stop her crying.
Here's a photo before we left the house....

In the car- she asked me to take her photo.....
She was happy when she got in her classroom...
And then she knew I was going to leave.....look at her fake smile....haha!
She finally warmed up to her teacher, Ms. O'Donnell just a little bit....
And here's what she brought home with her today..... a DINOSAUR??....so cute!
She was so proud of it!! Love her!! :)
We'll see how she does on Thursday! She is suppose to wear brown as they are working on colors. She said that she got to play, color, and eat animal crackers with juice as her snack. She is such a big girl! I'm happy she is growing up, but sad at the same time :(
3 comments:
She is so cute!! I have a very similar picture of Huntler in the car on our way to his first day of preschool last year too! :)
I am glad you were able to calm her down and she had a great time!! I really worry that Gentry will be that screaming kid who does not want to be left when she starts!!
YAY for you for being strong! I cried the first day Huntler went but after that I loved the break! The quiet is actually nice and not having to break up fights for a couple of hours is even better!
Hope she has a great year!
I am so glad that you commented! I have been wondering where you were.
Oh, and the preschool pictures are precious! I know that it was probably scary for both of you. Glad that it went well!
Crazy!! She has grown up so fast!! Where have the years gone? A miracle baby turned preschooler!
Post a Comment